cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-Link Connection Problem

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dsidlauskas on Sun Jan 26 16:57:14 MST 2014
When I first connect LPC-Link I have a problem getting it to connect. From LPCXpresso, I have to try to flash my target board 3 times before it will connect. After that it works fine until I power down the LPC-Link.

Going into DOS and using bootLPCXpresso HID I get the following:

1. Plug in LPC-Link. Shows up as DFU in Device Manager.

2. Run bootLPCXpresso HID. No error message. Still shows as DFU.

3. Run  bootLPCXpresso HID. Error message, "does not support downloads". Shows as DFU.

4. Run  bootLPCXpresso HID. Same error message. Shows as LPC-Link Probe V1.3 under HID Devices. Now works fine in LPCXpresso.

Why does it always take 3 boots to get this thing going? Didn't used to do that on this system.

64 bit Windows 7.
LPCXpresso version from a couple of days ago.
USB 3.0.  This is new and could be related to this problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Jan 27 02:08:18 MST 2014
I am sorry to hear that you are encountering problems.

[list=1]
  [*]Try a different USB port - if possible try a USB2 port

[*]If you must use a USB3 port, make sure you have the very latest *firmware* for the USB port. There are lots of problems with firmware on USB3 ports and most manufacturers have issued firmware updates. Note this is not the Windows driver but the motherboard firmware in the USB3 port itself.

[*]Again, if you are using USB3, try connecting via a USB Hub (preferably powered and preferably USB2).
[/list]

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos