Did you mean: 

Editor View Error

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Sat May 03 07:19:00 MST 2014
While Debugging LPC15xx Editor View is opening an additional BOOT-ROM View:

[img]http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/view.PNG[/img]

Even with original LPCOpen15 examples in a new workspace this view doesn't disappear...

Note: Of course that's not part of my program and I don't use ISP. Must be executed long before ResetISR...

System: WIN8.1-64 / LPCXpresso LPCXpresso v7.1.1 [Build 125] [2014-04-01] / LPCLink2

0 Kudos
9 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Thu Jun 04 04:43:25 MST 2015

Quote: LabRat
...same problem in LPCXpresso v7.3.0 [Build 186] [2014-07-09]...

And same problem in LPCXpresso v7.8.0 [Build 426] [2015-05-28] one year later  :((

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jul 15 02:57:56 MST 2014
Anything fixed is listed in the release notes. So, if it is not listed in the release notes for a release, then don't expect it to be fixed.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Tue Jul 15 02:55:23 MST 2014
...same problem in LPCXpresso v7.3.0 [Build 186] [2014-07-09]...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Wed May 14 04:34:56 MST 2014
Thanks for investigating.

Made a few tests with a W7/32 machine yesterday just to exclude possible hardware influences.

Changing ISP and Reset pull-ups (1k, 10k, 100k, none) does not change anything.

Using an external 3.3V power supply didn't bring any changes...

Quote: lpcxpresso-support
Anyway, from my experimentation here, it looks like this is related to having the Disassembly view open when you closed down the previous debug session. Is this the case in your set up?

Anyway, with the Disassembly view open from the previous debug connection, I do see the extra edit view appear sometimes. I suspect that this is something to do with the way that the open views are getting populated as the debug connection starts up.

Yes, Disassembly view is opened. But closing it doesn't stop this effect.

Switching workspace to a brand new workspace, importing LPCOpen15 examples and using GPIO sample (without WFI) shows the same behavior although Disassembly view isn't opened (and wasn't ever): this extra view is opened every time when a debug session is started...

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed May 14 01:25:41 MST 2014
OK, so you aren't saying that you don't reach main() - which is what I thought you were saying. The issue rather appears to be that you just get an extra edit view appear in the bootloader memory space., not that you cannot debug at all.

Anyway, from my experimentation here, it looks like this is related to having the Disassembly view open when you closed down the previous debug session. Is this the case in your set up?

Anyway, with the Disassembly view open from the previous debug connection, I do see the extra edit view appear sometimes. I suspect that this is something to do with the way that the open views are getting populated as the debug connection starts up.

Although this is basically harmless (and you can just manually close the extra view), I agree that it is a little disconcerting. We'll investigate if there is anything we can do about this for a future release.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Tue May 13 07:35:37 MST 2014

When exactly does this appear?

Video: http://youtu.be/WpvBR-Fdirk

What board are you using? If one of your own, then double check debug/reset circuitry against:

Own boards with LPC1549/LQFP48 and LPC1549/LQFP64. Tested several boards already...

ISP pull-ups: 10k
Reset pull-up 22k

This boards are a simple copy from LPC17xx boards and working without problems so far...

Debug Connection: Link and Link2 (same effect) 'Minimal Debug Connection'  = GND, SWCLK, SWDIO, Reset

USB: 2.0 and 3.0 (same effect, USB3 is a little bit faster)

And what does the debug log show...

Quote:

LPCXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v7.1 (Apr  1 2014 09:29:42 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 73)
Looked for chip XML file in D:/nxp/LPCXpresso_7.1.1_125/lpcxpresso/bin/LPC1549.xml
Looked for vendor directory XML file in D:/nxp/LPCXpresso_7.1.1_125/lpcxpresso/bin/NXP_directory.xml
Found generic directory XML file in D:/nxp/LPCXpresso_7.1.1_125/lpcxpresso/bin/crt_directory.xml
============= SCRIPT: LPC15RunBootRomConnect.scp =============
DpID = 2BA01477
AP_ID = 0x24770011
Halt on reset vector catch
Halt on watchpoint write of ROMWSCTRL register
============= END SCRIPT =====================================
Emu(0): Conn&Reset. DpID: 2BA01477. CpuID: 410FC230. Info: (null)
Debug protocol: SWD. RTCK: Disabled. Vector catch: Enabled.
Loaded LPC15xx_256K.cfx: LPC15 (256K Flash) Jul 31 2013 14:19:52  On-chip Flash Memory
Connected: was_reset=true. was_stopped=true
v LPCXpresso Free License - Download limit is 256K
Writing 4272 bytes to 0000 in Flash (assumed clock: unknown)
Erased/Wrote page  0-1 with 4272 bytes in 722msec
Flash write Done
============= SCRIPT: LPC15RunBootRomReset.scp =============
Halt on reset vector catch
Halt on watchpoint write of ROMWSCTRL register
============= END SCRIPT ===================================

Stopped: Breakpoint #1
(crt_emu_cm_redlink) terminating due to request from GDB

Note: After switching off Vector catch address is changing from 0x30000b8 to 0x300062a...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue May 13 06:06:50 MST 2014
When exactly does this appear? As soon as you start a new debug session from the Quickstart Panel? Or is it at a later point when debugging?

What board are you using? If one of your own, then double check debug/reset circuitry against:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/debug-design

And what does the debug log show:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/debug-log

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Tue May 13 05:59:54 MST 2014
No, I'm not trying to execute boot ROM. I'm not booting into ISP (USART0 / C_CAN / USB) and debugger is not stopping there.
Debugging is purposeless without debug informations and register description.(UM is telling me nothing about this reserved registers 0x01800440, 0x400743E8 or 0x400743F0).

So I don't know what is happening there. If LPC15 is calling home or secretly starting automatic self-destruct?

I would guess this code is part of Chapter 5: LPC15xx Boot process. Setting up basic things like SYSAHBCLKCTRL and reading ISP pins to decide if and which ISP is used. Beside the question what is happening there the main question is:

Why is this additional view opened (or not closed)  :quest:

Doesn't look like a code problem (using original GPIO sample without WFI). Doesn't look like a hardware problem (boards are simple CAN nodes and working without problems)...

But anyway, seems that I'm the only user with this annoying effect using a brand new i3(4.G)  :)  and W8.1-64...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sat May 03 14:35:40 MST 2014
The debugger is trying to show the code that matches the PC. It looks like you are trying to execute code at that location. Suggest you get your debugger out, to find out what is happening...
0 Kudos