cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LPCOpen with Keil uVision on Keil MCB 4350 board

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jrodrig67 on Wed Feb 12 05:10:51 MST 2014
Dear members,

I am new to the NXP MCUs and to the Keil environment. Also to LPCOpen.
So no wonder I am running into issues.

My question is simple. I am familiarising myself with my development environment using the stuff in the subject of the post.
Ideally, I would like to use a package lpcopen_2_04_keil_iar_keil_mcb_4350, but since it does not exist, I had to settle for using lpcopen_2_04_keil_iar_keil_mcb_4357; i.e. I am using a different CPU/development board.

I have started with the freertos_blinky example. I changed my configuration to target the LCP4350 instead of the LCP4357; taking the examples provided with the Keil uVision environment (C:\Keil\ARM\Boards\Keil\MCB4300\Blinky) but I get very strange behavior like obvious breakpoints not hit, flash verification errors (not all the time), things like that.

So my questions are:

1) Does someone have the equivalent of lpcopen_2_04_keil_iar_keil_mcb_4357 ported to the mcb_4350?
2) If that is not the case, what changes will I need to make in the Keil projects to use the 4350?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Juan Rodriguez
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by xianghuiwang on Thu Apr 17 17:26:10 MST 2014
Hi, Juan,

For debugging purpose, you can change the C/C++ optimization level of both libs and the application project from the default Level 3 (-O3) to Level 0 (-O0) from the Keil compiler under the "Options for Target".

After this, you should be able to hit all the break points you intended.

Since you can hit some break points, I think you conversion from flash to ram is working in general. General steps to convert from flash to ram target are:
a. change target map.
b. use Keil .ini file to setup SP and PC. The ram.ini file is included in the lpcopen package for your reference.

Good luck!

0 Kudos