lpcware

LPC 1769 Using SSP SSEL as GPIO

Discussion created by lpcware Employee on Jun 15, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 by lpcware
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Scavmaster on Wed Aug 20 08:40:09 MST 2014
Hi,

I am using LPC1769 SSP1 for SPI communitcation on a AOA Kit Dev. Board.

For now I am only using one sensor which is why I am using the provided SSEL1 and it works just fine.

Due to the project I am working on I need to keep expandability in mind, so I would like to have two SSEL signals in future.
I was thinking about using the provided SSEL1 for as long as possible as it is working right now and then use a second GPIO pin for the second slave select I will generate in future. Therefore of course I need to disable the provided SSEL1 function and use the same pin as GPIO so I can have my own slave selection working, right?

The data sheet says P0.6 can be used for four functions one of which is GPIO and another SSEL1. Nothing mentioned about a forced function in case of using SSP as far as I can tell.

Still I am struggeling using SSEL1 as GPIO. As soon as I am using SSP module, P0.6 works as SSEL1.
I checked my hardware initialization for a couple of times and I am almost certain I am not initializing that pin as SSEL1 but as GPIO.

Am I getting something wrong here? Am I doing something wrong here? Can I use SSEL1 as GPIO whilst using SSP1?

Thanks a lot!

Outcomes