cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 6.3 license error

kameliabakiri
Contributor I

Dear support team,

Currently I m trying to set up my Codewarrior 6.3 / 6.4 and I have an issue with license.

When I use CW v 6.3 I have a message that says " Unable to use the plugin ' Embedded Coldefire Linker". It is licensed and a valid license key was not find.....

And with CW v 6.4 the binary files are not generated when I hit "make" it seems like the compiling is done but not the files linking.

For both of them I tried the 3 types of licenses :

- Dongle

- Ethernet node locked

- Disk node locked

Please could you provide any support for the issue ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Kamelia Bakiri

Firmware Engineer - Schlumberger

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Kamelia Bakiri,

from your question, your CW can't recognize your license.dat file.

some customers have this problem because of the environment variable setting:

pastedImage_0.png

check if the LM_LICENSE_FILE path includes the license.dat of Codewarrior, please suppress following environment variable: LM_LICENSE_FILE in the right path. The  environment variable can be setting by click "start", "settings", "control panel", "system", "Advanced", "environment variable". (See attached screenshot) the LM_LICENSE_FILE should be something like: {your CW install}\license.dat

if the problem can not be solved, more information is needed from you:

1. your CW version:  Start the IDE and click on Help | About Freescale CodeWarrior. Click on Installed Products.Save all info displayed into a txt file.

2. your license.dat file

your license file is your personal asset, please don't share it here in public.

I suggest you send above information to NXP support by submitting a case:

How to submit a new question for NXP Support

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos