AnsweredAssumed Answered

BLDC sensorless control Using LPC17xx

Question asked by Milad Mohammadi on May 16, 2016

Hi guys, recently I've been working on LPC1768 for sensorless control of BLDC motors, but I have numerous problems regarding of ADC sampling for BEMF zero crossing detection and in short position estimation. Actually I want to start with the simplest possible ways of sensorless control and then I will move to FOC. The method I'm using is like sampling free phase in the middle of PWM pulses, so I set the PWM mode on center aligned mode and I have activated the LIM register interrupt, so when ever I have an interrupt of LIM register, it means I'm in the middle of the PWM pulse.After that I start the Burst mode of ADC and then as soon as the result of 4 ADC channels including DC bus voltage, Phase A to PhaseC voltage become ready using an ADC ISR I will read them all. Actually the method of interrupt is like this: I activate interrupt only for channel 5 of the ADC, then when the interrupt occurs I start reading the ADC value of 1-4 channels. ( channel 5 is not important, just used to trigger the interrupt when all the other channels are ready to be read). As a matter of fact I'm not sure what am I doing is right or wrong? what is your opinion ? 

Outcomes