We are looking to replace a Samsung K9K8G08U0D NAND on our custom P2010 board (running linux 2.6.35).
- We need the same footprint as K9K8G08U0D
- We need to boot from NAND (which we currently do).
- SW ECC is likely not an option due to performance concerns.
We initially hoped to use Micron MT29F8G08ABABA, but seeing that it:
- has 4K page size (only 512 and 2K is supported by eLBC - 4K support seems experimental?) and
- requires 4-bit ECC (eLBC only has 1-bit ECC) and thus would need SW ECC,
it is probably not an option.
We are now investigating Micron MT29F4G08ABADA, with 2K page size.
It still requires 4-bit ECC, but has internal/on-die ECC. Has anyone been successful using P20x0 with it?
I would very much like to know:
- What NAND flashes have successfully been used in various P20x0 (linux) projects.
- If any of the Micron MT29F4G08.. are supported by P2010.