cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual display issue with kernel-3.14.

narasimhuluorug
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

I am working on imx6q sabresd dual display task as our previous conversation you given info about the support with kernel-3.14. So I have built as your inputs as I am using barebox as bootloader to drive dual display but I am not getting displayed anything on HDMI as initially independently. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Narasimha.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi narasimhulu,

Have you tried blanking the displays?

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb2/blank

i.Mx6 support Dual independent display, According to Kernel Boot Parameters of "Release_Notes"

the following (U-boot) options may be applied :

For primarily displaying on hdmi with 1080P60 mode. Secondarily displaying on LVDS with XGA mode.

video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60, if=RGB24 video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,LDBXGA, if=RGB666

2. For primarily displaying on LVDS with XGA mode. Secondarily displaying on hdmi with 1080P60 mode.

video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDBXGA, if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi, 1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24

i.MX6Q BSP use Uboot as bootloader, do not have any barebox commands for this at hand.

Regards

0 Kudos

narasimhuluorug
Contributor III

Dear Mr. Bio_TICFSL,

Here I am using HDMI to DVI cable for communication sabresd board to the monitor but in between the monitor getting power on and then going to off mode when rootfs mounted. then below is the log.

imx-drm imx-drm: registered panic notifier

fec 2188000.ethernet eth0: Freescale FEC PHY driver [Generic PHY] (mii_bus:phy_addr=2188000.ethernet:00, irq=-1)

IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready

video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi, 1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 these parameters I am passing from the bootloader.

Thanks & Regards,

Narasimha.

0 Kudos