Could I.MX6solo receive bayer raw data from image sensor?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I.MX6solo receive bayer raw data from image sensor?

minjinjeong
Contributor II

I'm making a camera system using the I.MX6solo and 1.3Megapixel image sensor. For this system ISP would not be used, because  any correction and format conversion in hardware are not needed. Thus the image sensor would send its bayer raw data directly to I.MX6solo. But I wonder if the MCU could receive and save such bayer raw data. Would it be possible?

Labels (1)
4 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The i.MX6S IPU can capture bayer raw data, but you would need to first capture the data and then process it by software to go from bayer to RGB and then feed it to the IPU.

minjinjeong
Contributor II

Thank you very much for the answer. But please let me ask one more question. I suppose you assumed that I'd need preview or video. But if I would just save image data to memory without any processing, streaming, would I.MX6solo do the job without issue?

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the i.MX6 can receive and save a raw Bayer data with no additional overhead.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the i.MX6Solo processor is capable of receiving and storing a raw Bayer image data through its CSI interface.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------