Can I use FS LWIP-SLIP protocol code with RTCS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use FS LWIP-SLIP protocol code with RTCS?

Jump to solution
mmoncigoli
Contributor III

Hello community,

I need to use SLIP protocol on my TWRK65F180. In terms of TCP/IP I saw there are two implementations, LWIP and RTCS. I would like to use RTCS, but in terms of SLIP protocol I just found some code under LWIP. Under RTCS I found no SLIP code and SLIP documentation at all. On the other side LWIP has no documentation about its implementation of TCP/IP stack. Does Freescale provide LWIP documentation?

So, my question is, can I implement SLIP protocol in RTCS using the files present in KSDK_1.3.0? These files are in "c:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\middleware\tcpip\lwip\src\netif\". I mean, for data link layer I would use the code present in this folder and, instead, for the physical layer I would use UART (so the code present in other demo examples).

Can anyone help please?

Thanks so much

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I see that you want to put TCP/IP data into a slip packet in HDLC layer and transfer/receive via UART port instead of Ethernet port. Regarding the LWIP documentation, we have the example project and provide the source code in KSDK_1.3.0, unfortunately, we do not provide the documentation, because the LWIP is developed by third party, we only modify the low level part which is related to the ethernet hardware module.

Regarding the RTCS, it does not provide the slip protocol, but it provides the PPP instead of slip protocol. we have the doc to explain how to use the high level api function and the example code as a client/server.

The LWIP is widely used protocol, I think you can get the explanation/description by Google although the NXP do not provide the doc, furthermore, the LWIP provides the slip code exactly. I think the LWIP architecture is more clear that RTCS, I suggest you use LWIP as platform.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I see that you want to put TCP/IP data into a slip packet in HDLC layer and transfer/receive via UART port instead of Ethernet port. Regarding the LWIP documentation, we have the example project and provide the source code in KSDK_1.3.0, unfortunately, we do not provide the documentation, because the LWIP is developed by third party, we only modify the low level part which is related to the ethernet hardware module.

Regarding the RTCS, it does not provide the slip protocol, but it provides the PPP instead of slip protocol. we have the doc to explain how to use the high level api function and the example code as a client/server.

The LWIP is widely used protocol, I think you can get the explanation/description by Google although the NXP do not provide the doc, furthermore, the LWIP provides the slip code exactly. I think the LWIP architecture is more clear that RTCS, I suggest you use LWIP as platform.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos
mmoncigoli
Contributor III

Hello Xiangjun,

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I understood that integrating LWIP SLIP code present in KSDK 1.3.0 with RTCS code it is no easy task. So, at the end, I decided to implement my code using SLIP over LWIP.

Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos