显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

USB to Serial for Gingerbread on BBG?

跳至解决方案
1,158 次查看
mbp
Contributor V

Has anyone completed a port of the serial profile for USB on the i.Mx51 Babbage or i.Mx53 platform running Gingerbread?

I started this port about 10 months ago then got way-laid on other projects:

Step 1) Porting the support from a new Kernel to the R10 then

step 2) build hooks into Android.

I completed the Kernel update - but there it sits.

If anyone has completed this effort to so a design based on the BBG-Gingerbread or Mx53-Gingerbread platform will support USB to Serial dongle's PLEASE reply to me or to this post.  It would be MOST appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

标签 (3)
标记 (4)
0 项奖励
1 解答
998 次查看
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike,

In linux kernel, there are some typical parts for USB to Serial converter, such as CP210x , FTDI devices etc, so anyway, haredware design or driver for linux(android) are both no problem, you can select one of them for your solution.

Regards,

Weidong

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
2 回复数
999 次查看
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mike,

In linux kernel, there are some typical parts for USB to Serial converter, such as CP210x , FTDI devices etc, so anyway, haredware design or driver for linux(android) are both no problem, you can select one of them for your solution.

Regards,

Weidong

0 项奖励
998 次查看
mbp
Contributor V

Weidong,

Thanks for your reply - yes this is true and I have utilized the FTDI driver for the Kernel portion.

My expectation is that this is only 1/2 of the support needed.

The exposure of this support to Android is where I am missing some pieces. 

How/what is needed for Android to recognize this additional support?   Typically (for other features I have added) I have found that I need to modify the Android-OS as well.

If you can provide any guidance that would be awesome!

Thanks,

mike

0 项奖励