AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to view stdout from printf() on TWR_k70 board

Question asked by Joe Trovato on Jun 15, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 by Earl Orlando Ramirez Sanchez

Hello,

I am trying to debug a simple Hello World program. I have tried many ways to view the printf() statement I have placed in the code. I have tried a bare-metal hello example and an MQX hello example and have not been able to see either. I am connecting the board to the computer via usb through the OSJTAG/OSBDM port on the tower board. I have installed the drivers and firmware from PE Micro as well as downloaded the OSBDM Virtual Serial Tower Toolkit. From what I can tell none of the jumpers on the twr_k70 board need to be altered. I am debugging from CodeWarrior 10.4. I have selected the PE Multilink/ OSJTAG/OSBDM - USB Port option for debugging and have successfully built and launched the code. I can blink LEDs but cannot see the output of the printf() statements in the code. Windows 7 recognizes my device as OSBDM/OSJTAG CDC Serial Port (COM17) which makes me believe if I connect to this port I should be able to see my print statements.  I have tried Window -> Show View -> Terminal (COM17 38400 8 1 none none)  and have also tried the P&E terminal utility connecting to USB_COM but neither gave output.

I looked at this post: How do I get printf output to a console?  and it got very convoluted and did not seem to directly address the question. If I missed something here please let me know.

Does anyone know where I can find the output to my print statements on twr_k70 board using OSJTAG/OSBDM?

I also have a P&E Multilink Universal in case that is the way to see the output but I thought that JTAG does support serial.

Thank you for your help!!!

Outcomes