cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching role USB OTG IMX6: device no response

ise1
Contributor III

Hi !

I'm working on IMX6 SabreLite (with a 3.10.53 kernel from the Fido branch) and have some trouble in using the HNP protocol in order to switch the role host/device of my boards.
I have set some configurations in menuconfig like "USB 2.0 OTG FSM Implementation", "ChipIdea HighSpeed Dual Role Controller", "ChipIdea device controller" and "ChipIdea host controller". (It’s the configurations I’ve seen in the i.MX 6 Linux Reference Manual, chapt 41.
I have used this uImage in my two sabreLite. But I'm stuck in the step 2 (from this document: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/usb/chipidea.txt). After loading g_serial.ko in my two sabreLite and plugging the cable (microA – microB), I don't see any enumeration on my serial terminal. In fact, the terminal only displays “ci_hdrc ci_hdrc.O: Device No Response”.

Moreover, I saw from /sys/kernel/debug/ci_hdrc.0/otg that the OTG is in an idle state …

I don’t know what’s going on, are there someone who is able to use the HNP protocol and the switching role ?
Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
0 Replies