cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release not showing up when building project

vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

Hi,

I have been using KDS for almost a week. Today I tried to use MQX RTOS to and tried a very simple application. I could build in debug mode and run the program. But i do not see the Release button. Can some one please help me?

36319_36319.pngpastedImage_0.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you copied the settings for the new configuration from the existing one?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

When I go to Manage, I get the below settings

pastedImage_0.png

I go to New. The Existing configuration only has debug. It doesnot have release

pastedImage_1.png

Default Configuration has Debug and Release. I select Release from Default configuration.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, my point is that you need to create a new configuration, with using an existing one (copy settings from existing configuration). The name itself does not matter of the configuration.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vishal.

here is some additional information.

I remember old version MQX in CW10 has release and debug configuration., the difference between debug mode and release mode is optimization level setting.
In debug mode: optimization level is 1.

however the new version doesn't have "release", but you can set it by yourself as Erich suggested.

Erich blog has information about "debug vs release"

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/06/01/debug-vs-release/

can this help?

Have a great day,

Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for your response.

Hi Erich,

I agree that there is a way to add Release from Manage. I am doing as follows.

Build Configuration -> manage

New

Default Configuration->Release

Name->Release

Set Active.

After this, when I try to build, I am getting error. But when I set Debug as active, the build goes through. Can you please help me?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Why would you expect such a 'Release' thing? In Embedded programming, there is no such thing like 'Release' or 'Debug' ;-)

These are actually build configurations. You can add your own build configuration with Build Configurations > Manage:

pastedImage_0.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos