cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large arrays on K53 eval board

samyuktaramnath
Contributor II

Hello all,

I have a K53 eval board and want to store a large number of values of integers in an array. I'm talking around 10000 values. It didn't let me create an array that large, so I initialized an array of  1000, and filled it in. While filling the array with data, there were no problems. However, while printing the data values later in a loop, I got the error default_isr entered on vector 3.

I understand that we get this error if we exceed the memory of the board, however I didn't get the warning while actually filling the data array up to a 1000 values.

How do I deal with this?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Samyukta

It is rare that when filling your buffer it doesn't exceed the memory (if it is the problem) and only this failure appears when reading these values. Could you please provide your code? This could help me to understand what is happening.

You could also give information about used IDE (CW, KDS, etc) and if your project is bare-metal, MQX, KSDK, etc.

Regards,

Isaac Avila

0 Kudos

samyuktaramnath
Contributor II

Hello Isaac Avila,

I would appreciate some help in an issue I am facing.

I have changed my license of IAR to the fully licensed one, the one that doesn't have any limitations on code size or time of use.

I initialized an array of size 2000, and set my code to sequentially fill it in. It successfully builds and flashes onto the K53 microcontroller.

However, when I try to run it, it takes me to the crt0.s code window, and when I try to run it further, it just loops in that code itself, never actually running my code. This doesn't happen if I use an array of size 1000 - it just flashes, and then runs my code, without ever jumping to the crt0.s window.

Why would this be happening? I even tried it on another person's computer, with a fully licensed version of IAR, and the same thing happened.

Regards,

Samyukta

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Samyukta,

Has your problem been resolved?

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Samyukta Ramnath,

Sorry for late response, Could you please provide me your code for trying to reproduce this issue on my side?

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

samyuktaramnath
Contributor II

It is working now without issues. Perhaps I had made some mistake earlier. Thank you!