mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

HI,

1)To get the Android source code from Google repo, follow the steps below:

$ cd ~

$ mkdir myandroid

$ mkdir bin

$ cd myandroid

$ curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo

$ chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

$ ~/bin/repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.4.3_r1

$ ~/bin/repo sync # this command loads most needed repos. Therefore, it can take several

hours to load.

But after giving the final step it took almost of 2 days to download and is not giving any confirmation.

2)Is it necessary to have 12.04 version(64 bit) os?? I am using 12.04 version (32-bit) of ubuntu.

thanks,

Mutyala rao

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Android repo sync download around 30 to 40 GB. Some thing is wrong at your end, or net speed is really low.

You can follow the below link

http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/repo-tips-tricks

Thanks

Saurabh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In previous  releases of "Android User's Guide" it was clearly stated about 64-bit
OS for host versions. The "Android User's Guide" of "KK4.4.3_2.0.0-ga" - looks like -
missed it (just as a typo).

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Mutyala

Android source code repo sync takes longer time and it depends upon the Internet speed.

During repo sync you can check which branch is syncing.

mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Sourab patel,

Thank you very much for the reply.Repo sync is at camera related branch from 2 days and i am able to see that time left on the screen is about 243 days.Can you please tell me what kind of confirmation it will give after the repo sync step.

Thank you,

Mutyala rao.

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Android repo sync download around 30 to 40 GB. Some thing is wrong at your end, or net speed is really low.

You can follow the below link

http://xda-university.com/as-a-developer/repo-tips-tricks

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi sourabh patel,

Downloaded the android source code of kitkat 4.4.3 but when i am downloading the kernel image i followed the following steps

$ cd myandroid

$ git clone git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git kernel_imx # the kernel repo is

heavy. Therefore, this process can take a while.

$ cd kernel_imx

$ git checkout kk4.4.3_2.0.0-ga

root@cpu11:~/myandroid/kernel_imx# git checkout kk4.4.3_2.0.0-ga

Checking out files: 100% (36745/36745), done.

Note: checking out 'kk4.4.3_2.0.0-ga'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental

changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this

state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may

do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b new_branch_name

HEAD is now at 1c3a910... MLK-10033 cpufreq: cpufreq-imx6: add cpufreq mutex for regulator enable/disable

can you please tell me what happened in this step.Is this an indication of succesfull download of kernel image?

Can i move to download the uboot-image?Wainting for your positive reply.

Thanks,

Mutyala Rao.

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Your kernel check out is correct.

linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree

You can continue with the u-boot.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi ,

When iam building my source code for imx6 sololite getting error like

bionic/libc/kernel/common/asm-generic/ioctls.h:75:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

In file included from hardware/ti/wpan/ti_st/uim-sysfs/uim.c:30:0:

hardware/ti/wpan/ti_st/uim-sysfs/uim.h:73:8: error: redefinition of 'struct termios2'

In file included from bionic/libc/kernel/arch-arm/asm/termbits.h:19:0,

from bionic/libc/kernel/common/uapi/asm-generic/termios.h:21,

from bionic/libc/kernel/common/asm-generic/termios.h:22,

from bionic/libc/kernel/arch-arm/asm/termios.h:19,

from bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/termios.h:22,

from bionic/libc/include/sys/ioctl.h:37,

from hardware/ti/wpan/ti_st/uim-sysfs/uim.c:23:

bionic/libc/kernel/common/asm-generic/termbits.h:37:8: note: originally defined here

make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/EXECUTABLES/uim-sysfs_intermediates/uim.o] Error 1

Can you please tell me what is this error?Waiting for positive reply.

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Modified the termbits.h file. Try guarding the 'struct termios2' definition with #ifdef __ASM_GENERIC_TERMBITS_H in bionic/libc/kernel/arch-arm/asm/termbits.h

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Sourab,

Actually i made some changes in files

1) myandroid/external/wpa_supplicant_8/wpa_supplicant/src/drivers/drivers.h

2)myandroid/hardware/libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi.c

3)myandroid/device/fsl/evk_6sl/BoardConfig.mk

4)myandroid/frameworks/base/wifi/java/android/net/wifi/WifiApConfigStore.java

5)myandroid/system/netd/SoftapController.cpp

Is there any chance of finding the actual source code files in internet? beacuse while building my android source code it is behaving strangely. And most important thing is i am using 2.6 kernel for imx6 solo lite. Is there any chance of                using 3 above linux kernels?

Thank you,

Mutyala rao

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Sourab,

It would be helpful if you forward the above Android kitkat 4.4.3_2.0.0 files.Please forward these files .

Thank you,

Mutyala Rao

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Mutyala

What i suggest that please build default android source code as per mention in "Android_user_guild.pdf".

Once that build complete you can modify according to your requirement.

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Sourab,

Due to the lack of memory i gave make clean to my android source code.But now when iam giving

1)source build/envsetup.sh

2)lunch evk_6sl-user

3)make 2>&1 | tee build_evk_6sl_android.log

i am getting like

make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/evk_6sl/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target    /product/evk_6sl/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

target arm C++: libGLESv2 <= frameworks/native/opengl/libs/GLES2/gl2.cpp

external/protobuf/src/google/protobuf/io/zero_copy_stream_impl_lite.cc: In member function 'virtual bool google::protobuf::io::StringOutputStream::Next(void**, int*)':

external/protobuf/src/google/protobuf/io/zero_copy_stream_impl_lite.cc:157:36: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

external/protobuf/src/google/protobuf/io/zero_copy_stream_impl_lite.cc: In member function 'virtual void google::protobuf::io::StringOutputStream::BackUp(int)':

external/protobuf/src/google/protobuf/io/zero_copy_stream_impl_lite.cc:177:34: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

Please help me in getting out of this problem.

Thank you,

Mutyala Rao.

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Rao,

I suggest that you follow the Android_User's_Guide.pdf.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Sourabh,

Iam able to turn ON wifi and able to run supplicant also through GUI but not able to turn off the wifi. I observed the logcat and seem's like an error

E/WifiStateMachine(  406): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: command '10 softap fwreload wifi0 STA' failed with '501 10 SoftAP command has failed'.Please help me.

Thank you,

Mutyala Rao.

0 Kudos
saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi

Rao

If you fixed your current issue than please mark this as answer.

And for new issue please create a new one.

Which will be helpful.

Thanks

Saurabh

0 Kudos
mutyalaraoneela
Contributor III

Hi Sourabh,

I created this as a new issue and i am giving as a correct answer if my current issue was answered.Please tell me any thing else to do?I am new to this website.

Thanks

Mutyala rao.

0 Kudos