Is Code Warrior supporting MK02FN128VFM10???

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Code Warrior supporting MK02FN128VFM10???

Jump to solution
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

I need to use the CW for the MK02FN128VFM10. I see the Kinetis K series without the support for the K0X ... So ... No way ???

Thank You

Pietro

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pietro di Castri:

K02 devices are not supported by CodeWarrior. All new Kinetis devices will be supported by Kinetis Design Studio.

There is an interesting article comparing CW with KDS by colleague Erich Styger:

Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse

In KDS to add support for K02, please install the KSDK v1.1 mainline from this link and then install the Eclipse Update as in the attached guide.

KDS is free, although it is not he only option, please give a check to the next third party IDEs:

IDEs for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hello Jorge

I like the clarification. I downloaded the mainline

KSDK 1.0.0-GA Eclipse Update 1.0.1 (REV 1.0.1)

there is no installation there. What should I do with the jar files?

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pietro:

That link you shared is for an Eclipse Update of a previous KSDK version.

The KSDK page is in this link: Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

The package you need to install is KSDK v1.1. Then click on the right version for your machine (Windows or Linux 32/64-bit):

pastedImage_7.png

Once downloaded and installed, please follow the instructions in the PDF of my previous message.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pietro di Castri:

K02 devices are not supported by CodeWarrior. All new Kinetis devices will be supported by Kinetis Design Studio.

There is an interesting article comparing CW with KDS by colleague Erich Styger:

Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse

In KDS to add support for K02, please install the KSDK v1.1 mainline from this link and then install the Eclipse Update as in the attached guide.

KDS is free, although it is not he only option, please give a check to the next third party IDEs:

IDEs for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos