cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing external RAM as lwmem

Jump to solution
kecart
Contributor III

I'm using lwmem in my Kinetis project and I have external SRAM.  It is a K61 with internal SRAM at 0x1FFF0000-0x2000FFFF and External SRAM at 0xA0000000-0xA003FFFF.  Is there a way to set up MQX so the TAD can see the external memory in the "MQX Lightweight Memory Blocks" window?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kelly,

Not sure if this does the trick for you but I think it does.

I used the following MQX application example as my starting point.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_1_GA\mqx\examples\test

I did this on the TWR-K60F120 tower hardware.

Attached is modified linker script.  It shortened the default heap size and creates/left space for defining other lwmem pools (my example has them size 0x200).  You could define this memory anywhere as far as I can tell.

Attached it my test.c that created 4 additional lwmem pool that can be seem in the "MQX Light Memory Pools" TAD tab.

ScreenHunter_113 Feb. 27 17.01.gif

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kelly,

Not sure if this does the trick for you but I think it does.

I used the following MQX application example as my starting point.

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_1_1_GA\mqx\examples\test

I did this on the TWR-K60F120 tower hardware.

Attached is modified linker script.  It shortened the default heap size and creates/left space for defining other lwmem pools (my example has them size 0x200).  You could define this memory anywhere as far as I can tell.

Attached it my test.c that created 4 additional lwmem pool that can be seem in the "MQX Light Memory Pools" TAD tab.

ScreenHunter_113 Feb. 27 17.01.gif

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
kecart
Contributor III

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Kelly,

Unfortunately, at this moment there is not possible to use TAD in order to see the external memory in the "MQX Lightweight Memory Blocks" window like you need. Sorry for any inconvenience that may cause.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos