path statements in CW10.6SE does not work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path statements in CW10.6SE does not work

jeff_sylvester
Contributor I

I have sample Codewarrior 10.6 Special edition (code limited) and the path statements do not work,  and the tool does not update properly.   If you start a project or try to port a project where the files are stored in different directories, THe path statements in the tool  "Project/Properties/C C++ General/Path and Symbols/   has both an Includes tab and a Source Location tab."    If I enter variables like ${ProjDirPath}/Project_Headers and other variables here and also on Sources tab put the directory </ProjectName>/Sources

If I compile, I still get all kinds of errors like function has no prototype, illegal declaration, invalid project path.     WHERE I KNOW that this project works as the source files are coppied from an earlier working project, and I have confirmed that all the files exist in the same directory that are included in the Includes and Sources tab under the path and symbols tool.   WHAT GIVES?  is this because I am using the special edition?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jeff_sylvester
Contributor I

thanks i will try this at some point:  I know this is related to tool path configuration, because I can put all the files in the Sources directory and they compile just fine, it is when you start to use a subdirectory structure, where files are grouped into logical groups, and each of these directories have subdirectories, the tool cant find them, so it looks like I was entering paths on the wrong screen under C/C++ General Path and Symbols and instead I need to change C/C++ Build Settings

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jeff,

Do you mean add variables like this ?

pastedImage_1.png

If not , can you attach your screenshot about add variable on your project ?

Alice

0 Kudos

jeff_sylvester
Contributor I

Yes,  I bought several TWR-LCD from freescale and am working on a project, but projects were done in Code Warrior 6.3 and now there is 10.6 so I am trying to port the files and compile with 10.6 but the path statements are not working.

CW10path1.bmp

CW10path2.bmp

I know what the problem is, the path statements are not working, I just dont know how to fix it, it appears there is something wrong with the tool.

If you look at the errors, they are all related to the fact that it cant find the files or the headers needed to compile.

CW10path3.bmp

For instance, I can compile all this stuff just fine in CW6.3 so there is nothing wrong with the source files,  the files are located in different directories

so it makes more logical sense to group certain files together.  So i just coppied the directories into the new CW10.6 workspace but the compiler

can not find them???

<project name> \D4D

<project name> \common_files

<project name> \Sources

<project name> \Sources\D4D_Configuration

I think this is a problem with eclipse:

I just tried to load the same files into a Kinetis KDS and it does the same thing,  I think because eclipse auto generates the make files that something is wrong, and it does not properly include all the files in the path??

Is there some notes on creating a project and doing the path statements?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jeff,

I see your need now.

1)  Porting CW6.3 project to CW10.6,  please refer to the application note (the attachment),  in the note is about CW 10.4, while it the same withe CW 10.6.

and when build have some build error , you can correct or conclude the file path .

2) In the beginning there is some misunderstanding ,  if you want to include files the project is using , you should  include paths in here (see the screenshot)

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos