Is there any migration possibility from ColdFire V2 to Kinetis?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any migration possibility from ColdFire V2 to Kinetis?

Jump to solution
murphyandy
Contributor I

Hi,Guys

We had several projects designed with MCF52259 4 years ago and would like to support them later years. Next month we will have a new design and we prefer to make the transaction from ColdFire to Kinetis. We had a good technical resource for  ColdFire but not for Kinetis. So my question is does there has any possibility to migrate from ColdFire to Kineis? If yes, please guide me how to do that. If not, how can we use the resource from ColdFire to re-design the projects on Kinetis? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am afraid it is not easy to migrate. Actually ColdFire has quite different Core with Kinetis, so it is not recommend to do that. We recommend if possible to start with Kinetis based on your application then design the project based on the Kinetis development tools. It will not difficult than just aim at "migrate".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am afraid it is not easy to migrate. Actually ColdFire has quite different Core with Kinetis, so it is not recommend to do that. We recommend if possible to start with Kinetis based on your application then design the project based on the Kinetis development tools. It will not difficult than just aim at "migrate".

0 Kudos