cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART on kl25z

Jump to solution
aayushm
Contributor I

What is the differnce  between UART0, UART1, UART2 on kl25z ?

What is the operating voltage of RX/TX pin of kl25z ?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check my colleague comments at below thread:

UART on kl25z

Wish it helps.

Best regards,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check my colleague comments at below thread:

UART on kl25z

Wish it helps.

Best regards,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
gibbon1
Contributor III

The big difference is that UART0 has more clock options than UART1 and UART2. See system Options Register 2 (SIM_SOPT2) in the data sheet. UART1 and 2 use the same clock as runs the processor core.

In my case I'm constantly switching off the FLL clock and running the uP off the internal 4MHz clock to save power. By using the 4MHz clock to run UART0 I don't have to worry about data being sent out the uart getting corrupted.

I think there are also some features to automatically wake the uart up when the tx line toggles on UART0.

0 Kudos
aayushm
Contributor I

Thanks gibbon1 . That is a very useful information.

Can you please tell me, What is the operating voltage of rx/tx uart line?

0 Kudos
gibbon1
Contributor III

Generally I think they are just standard CMOS voltage levels, typically 3.3V logic. If you want actual RS232 or RS485 signal levels you need an interface chip. For development stuff I use a USB to 3.3V serial cable see link below. to talk to the processor serial port.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Cables/DS_TTL-232R_CABLES.pdf

0 Kudos