AnsweredAssumed Answered

VID/PID for FRDM-KL25Z with custom firmware

Question asked by Lars Knudsen on Mar 1, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 by Perla Andrea Moncada Fajardo

Hi,

it has been some years since the last post on this issue and I was wondering if Freescale has changed policy on this as there are many other vendors who sub-license PIDs to small scale productions (<10K units/PID, I believe) for their customers.  We are making a product that is set to help many but doesn't really make any money (yet at least) - www.empirikit.com and we are using the Freedom boards with little or no modifications with our own firmware on them (of course).  We don't have $5K to hand over to USB.org for a VID (a bit expensive for small productions, IMO) and we are really in need of an official VID/PID combo for the science kit we are making.

Is there any way Freescale can help out?  We would be interested in just one of the 65536 PIDs available

Flavio Stiffan, Michael Norman and John Mclellan - I'd like to hear if any of you would have an idea of which direction one could take here? - We could - of course - let the user USB port report the same as the flash port as it's technically the same board being connected to (no hardware modification - just firmware).  As there is a fast growing interest in us shipping something ASAP, we'd really like to get a workable solution on this issue in a very near future.

br

Lars

Outcomes