cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VID/PID for FRDM-KL25Z with custom firmware

larsknudsen
Contributor II

Hi,

it has been some years since the last post on this issue and I was wondering if Freescale has changed policy on this as there are many other vendors who sub-license PIDs to small scale productions (<10K units/PID, I believe) for their customers.  We are making a product that is set to help many but doesn't really make any money (yet at least) - www.empirikit.com and we are using the Freedom boards with little or no modifications with our own firmware on them (of course).  We don't have $5K to hand over to USB.org for a VID (a bit expensive for small productions, IMO) and we are really in need of an official VID/PID combo for the science kit we are making.

Is there any way Freescale can help out?  We would be interested in just one of the 65536 PIDs available :smileyhappy:

FlavioStiffan, mnorman and Deactivated user - I'd like to hear if any of you would have an idea of which direction one could take here? - We could - of course - let the user USB port report the same as the flash port as it's technically the same board being connected to (no hardware modification - just firmware).  As there is a fast growing interest in us shipping something ASAP, we'd really like to get a workable solution on this issue in a very near future.

br

Lars

0 Kudos
1 Reply

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Well you can enter a SR to discuss possibilities to get a VID/PID license, there you will contact with the person in charge in this topic inside Freescale.

Have a nice day,
Perla

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos