cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem debugging in CW 8.8 (DSC)

Jump to solution
lancefisher
Contributor III

I'm trying to build a project on my computer (Win 7 64bit) that was created on a different computer.  Both computers have CW 8.3 (About says 5.3, what's with that anyway?) but the tool was installed in a different folder on my computer.  The project builds without error but when I try to debug I get an error in a dialog box that says "Could not open config file" along with a lengthy path that ends with 568006_flash.cfg  The path begins with "c:\Program Files" which is where CW was installed on the other computer.  CW can't find the file because the installation on my computer is in  "c:\Program Files (x86)".  I suppose I could copy the Freescale folder from Program Files x86 to Program Files but is seems like there ought to be a way to debug a project created on a different computer without that kind of trickery.  Anyone know how to fix this easily/correctly?

(Originally posted in the wrong Place)

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lance:

You can try loading that configuration file for the debugger by forcing a full path. Go to Project settings -> Debugger -> Target Settings, and in the initialization file box browse for the correct file in your installation. Please check the next image:

Config_file.png

The file you are looking for is inside of M56800E Support\initialization. The inconvenient is that if you get back to the other computer, the error will arise again. To avoid that, you can copy the file to your project folder and reference it from there with "{Project}". Something like:

Config_file2.png

And about your version question, I'm not quite sure but as far as I know the 5.9 is the version of the whole IDE environment (features, look and feel, user interface, etc), while the 8.3 corresponds to the technology specific software version, in this case it is "CodeWarrior for DSCs", while Freescale has for instance "CodeWarrior for MCUs" and "CodeWarrior for Coldfire", among others.

Hope this is useful :smileyhappy:

Regards

/Jorge Gonzalez

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lance:

You can try loading that configuration file for the debugger by forcing a full path. Go to Project settings -> Debugger -> Target Settings, and in the initialization file box browse for the correct file in your installation. Please check the next image:

Config_file.png

The file you are looking for is inside of M56800E Support\initialization. The inconvenient is that if you get back to the other computer, the error will arise again. To avoid that, you can copy the file to your project folder and reference it from there with "{Project}". Something like:

Config_file2.png

And about your version question, I'm not quite sure but as far as I know the 5.9 is the version of the whole IDE environment (features, look and feel, user interface, etc), while the 8.3 corresponds to the technology specific software version, in this case it is "CodeWarrior for DSCs", while Freescale has for instance "CodeWarrior for MCUs" and "CodeWarrior for Coldfire", among others.

Hope this is useful :smileyhappy:

Regards

/Jorge Gonzalez

lancefisher
Contributor III

Thanks.  I tried your suggestion and it worked.

0 Kudos