imx6q boot up failed with serial downloader mode or internal boot on new sabresd based custom board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q boot up failed with serial downloader mode or internal boot on new sabresd based custom board

Jump to solution
raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Dear all, we design new iMX6Q board based on sabresd prototype. But we encountered boot up failure issue.

1. MX6Q Design is based on MMPF0100F0+MX6Q ;
  2. All power rails are checked properly and as expected;
  3. 24MHz and 32kHz clock sources both work;
  4. BOOT_MODE1 and BOOT_MODE0 default is set at 10 which should be internal boot mode;

Connect usb cable to PC ,since it's raw board it should populate USB HID device on PC. Unfortunately,we see nothing on PC;

We tried to change BOOT_MODE cfg to 01 (serial downloader mode), Nothing happened on PC;

We change BOOT_MODE cfg to 00 ,HID device populated on PC and MFG tool can flash eMMC device without error. But after resumed to 10 BOOT_MODE, my board can't boot up.

My question is,Why in serial downloader or internal boot mode ,no HID device populated on PC;

What other check list we missed? Please help!

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the value of EIM_EB3 ping (BOOT_CFG4[7]) at startup? If it's pulled high, I believe internal ROM will go to loop and not do anything in internal boot and serial downloader modes. This is documented in Table 8-2 in ref. manual.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Anybody can help us?

0 Kudos
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What is the value of EIM_EB3 ping (BOOT_CFG4[7]) at startup? If it's pulled high, I believe internal ROM will go to loop and not do anything in internal boot and serial downloader modes. This is documented in Table 8-2 in ref. manual.

0 Kudos
raymondwang
Senior Contributor I

Thank you!, You are right, we had double checked BOOT_CFGx and found BOOT_CFG4[7] is pulled up. Now it's fixed.

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi raymond,

It's strange.In the newest reference manual, the boot mode pin setting is show in below picture. As you config BOOT_MODE  00 it worded, when changed to others it did not. So you'd better check the SD card, eMMC and other devices.

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards

Dan