AnsweredAssumed Answered

"C++ not supported" error when building a C project

Question asked by Nancy Neff on May 10, 2013
Latest reply on May 14, 2013 by Nancy Neff

We've created a C-language project, which was compiling fine using the demo version of CW MCU v10.3.  After adding some code (and modifying the code style settings), I'm now getting an error message that "C++ is not supported by the current set of licenses and is disabled." The added code is simple and does not contain any C++ constructs (except for the use of "bool", which is conditionally defined as an unsigned char in a header file).  The error does not have a location specified and none of my code files are flagged as containing the error.  After much searching for the problem, I found that the following text on the console seems to say that it is trying to compile a plug-in file called "specs.cpp".  I don't know what we could have set such that CW would be trying to include this file in the build, but it appears to me to be the source of the error.  The entire text on the console is:

'Invoking: ARM Compiler'

"C:/Program Files/Freescale/CW MCU v10.3/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm" -gccinc @@".metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs_1.args" -o ".metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs1_cpp.obj" -c "../.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.cpp" -MD -gccdep

C:/Program Files/Freescale/CW MCU v10.3/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm|Compiler|Error

>C++ is not supported by the current set of licenses and is disabled. Please

>contact <license@freescale.com> for licensing needs

mingw32-make: *** [.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs1_cpp.obj] Error 1

mingw32-make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Does anyone have any suggestions about the cause and fix for this problem??  Thanks.

Outcomes