cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding C++ modules to CW 10.4 SE breaks the project, removing doesn't fix

Jump to solution
DustyStew
Contributor V

SE doesn't have the license for C++, only C. But having learned that, and removed the offending C++, now the project won't build. Error message "mingw32-make:***[myproject.afx] Error 1

It's a mine field

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DustyStew
Contributor V

Erich

Thanks for your reply.

I am getting two errors actually, there had been one, then there was two, then there was one, now there is two. The first error is as in original post, the second error is: Undefined: "__boot"

"Clean" does not fix the problem, nor does removing the directory as in your blog posting.

I had been wondering about GCC. That is great though I just tried it and it won't build. There needs to be directories of the form "[board].cw10gcc", and these do not exist. I assume these are in MQX 4.0.1. I assume also the 4.0.1  is a patch, as I downloaded MQX 4.0 only about a week ago and did a full install.

The workaround for this problem was simply to create another project and import the code from the broken project. Something like rebooting Windows. PC software went beyond the complexity threshold of your average programmer in the mid-90's (and so became a bugfest), and now embedded systems development is at the same stage. I'm just getting used to the idea.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

it would be good if you could post your full error message. And what processor/Compiler you are using. It guess it is for Kinetis? CodeWarrior comes with gcc for Kinetis, and gcc is unlimited (so you can do C++), btw.

Have a look in the Console view about the error details.

Otherwise, if you removed a file, then you might get a 'don't know how to build' or 'no rule to make target' error (No rule to make target): do a Project > Clean to rebuild the make files.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
DustyStew
Contributor V

Erich

Thanks for your reply.

I am getting two errors actually, there had been one, then there was two, then there was one, now there is two. The first error is as in original post, the second error is: Undefined: "__boot"

"Clean" does not fix the problem, nor does removing the directory as in your blog posting.

I had been wondering about GCC. That is great though I just tried it and it won't build. There needs to be directories of the form "[board].cw10gcc", and these do not exist. I assume these are in MQX 4.0.1. I assume also the 4.0.1  is a patch, as I downloaded MQX 4.0 only about a week ago and did a full install.

The workaround for this problem was simply to create another project and import the code from the broken project. Something like rebooting Windows. PC software went beyond the complexity threshold of your average programmer in the mid-90's (and so became a bugfest), and now embedded systems development is at the same stage. I'm just getting used to the idea.

0 Kudos