Imx53 boot problem on WEC7

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imx53 boot problem on WEC7

surjitkumar
Contributor II

I downloaded the image of the WEC7 from adeneo link and tried to boot the QSB START-R board by following the steps given in “FREESCALE_iMX53_QSB_WEC7_user_guide_V131.pdf”.

I have tried to boot the Start-R board by image "........\iMX53QSB_WEC7_BIN_V131\image\START-R\VGAPanel" by using uSD card by using following commands

cfimager -f D:\UPPSALA\WIN_BSP\iMX53QSB_WEC7_BIN_V131\image\START-R\VGAPanel\eboot.nb0 -d H -imx53

cfimager -f D:\UPPSALA\WIN_BSP\iMX53QSB_WEC7_BIN_V131\image\START-R\VGAPanel\nk.nb0 -d H -imx53 “

After this command if i insert uSD card in START-R board by connecting the power cable and VGA cable, nothing is visible on VGA.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You may try to write Eboot only and then (after SD booting ) to check if (Eboot) output appears
on (UART) console of the i.MX53 QSB. 

surjitkumar
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

I am using .....\iMX53QSB_WEC7_BIN_V131\image\START-R\VGAPanel\eboot.nb0 -d H -imx53 -a command  to write on uSD.

and i am getting following message

removable = no

device block size = 512 bytes

device block count = 0x3ad4f0

firmware size = 0x80000 bytes (0x400 blocks)

extra blocks = 1022

Flashing eboot.nb0 at sector 0x2

Writing firmware...

Writing FAT partition...

Writing MBR...

done!

but after making the setup but eboot output not appears on UART.I ma using baud rate as mentioned in doc(115200) and using serial to usb com.

0 Kudos

surjitkumar
Contributor II

Thanks yuri...... now i am able to boot the board successfully......

0 Kudos