cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem doing Differential ADC1 MQX4.0, CW10.2 & PE

Jump to solution
cavebiker
Contributor V

I am using a K40 Tower System with MQX4.0 CW10.3 and cannot get the ADC to do differential mode.

I used PE to set it up. ADC1, Differential, input-> PGA1_DP/ADC1_DP0/ADC0_DP3 and negatice ->PGA1_DM/ADC1_DM0/ADC0_DM3, Conversion time                                : 9.615385 µs, High voltage reference Vrefh_1_2V, Low voltage reference Vrefl_1_2V

My code from the example PE stuff builds and runs but all I get is 56891 to 56897, no matter what I put on the input lines ADC1_DP0 & ADC1_DM0.

Here is the code:

void main_task(uint_32 initial_data)

{

uint_16 atodValue;

MyADCPtr = AD1_Init((LDD_TUserData *)NULL);             /* Initialize the device */

printf("\n\n-------------- Begin TJs Differential ADC example --------------\n\n");

while (TRUE)

{

_time_delay(5);

SampleGroup[0].ChannelIdx = 0U;                         /* Create one-sample group */

Error = AD1_CreateSampleGroup(MyADCPtr, (LDD_ADC_TSample *)SampleGroup, SAMPLE_GROUP_SIZE);  /* Set created sample group */

Error = AD1_StartSingleMeasurement(MyADCPtr);           /* Start continuous measurement */

//_time_delay(2); //while (!AD1_GetMeasurementCompleteStatus(MyADCPtr)) {}; /* Wait for conversion completeness */

while (ADC1_SC2 & 0x080);

Error = AD1_GetMeasuredValues(MyADCPtr, (LDD_TData *)MeasuredValues);  /* Read measured values */

printf("%5d,\n ", *MeasuredValues);

}

printf("\ndone!\n");

_task_block();

Any help or ideas is much appreciated.

Thanks and cheers,

Tom

1 Solution
cavebiker
Contributor V

Never mind, there is something goofy about how the ADCO_DP0 & DM0 run out to the tower card A27 & A28. I soldered wires right to the main board and all is good.

Also, PE Rocks!

Cheers,

Tom

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cavebiker
Contributor V

I'm back onto this differential A/D stuff Monday. Anyone with any experience doing differential with a Kinetis Tower System. I'm just trying to help out an analog dude so he can test performance, it just needs it to work.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
cavebiker
Contributor V

Never mind, there is something goofy about how the ADCO_DP0 & DM0 run out to the tower card A27 & A28. I soldered wires right to the main board and all is good.

Also, PE Rocks!

Cheers,

Tom

Monica
Senior Contributor III

G R E A T !

:smileygrin:

0 Kudos