Flash programming with coldfire

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash programming with coldfire

Poornima
Contributor I
I am using MCF5485 with coldfire development kit to build an application.
My program is downloaded to RAM by default when I use BDM and is working fine.
I wish to download it to flash using the flash programmer tool given with the freescale codewarrior IDE.

1. I built the application giving the target name as "M5485 ROM". A memory file called "M5484EVB_ROM.elf.xMAP" is created. It shows that my code starts at FE001BF8 which is a boot flash location. Should'nt this show one of the code flash locations?

2. I am using flash programmer to write the code to the flash. I selected the Flash Memory Base Address as 0x40000000 as shown by my memory configuration file for the code flash's base address.When I try to erase a sector of flash memory, the status shown is "Erase succeeded", but the blank check returns an error: Blank Check failed and the details button says "no error". I proceeded to program /verify and tried to program, which says 0 bytes programmed.

Am I missing something to setup for writing to flash?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Marreshe
Contributor I
The boot flash is located at FF800000, but for my user code I load at FFE00000. The code space is located at E00000... for the eval boards from Freescale.

Code Flasher allows you to select the 5485evb(boot), which defaults to FF800000 or the code space default is E0000000.

I suggest you try both FF800000 or FFE00000. Also look at your boot rom hw cfg pins.
0 Kudos