cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW08 V5.0 HC08 chipset

Jump to solution
Jerry
Contributor I
Hi.  I'm still fairly new to using Codewarrior and I'm trying to use the "SetStopMode" function for the MC68HC908QY4 chip, but for some reason it's "greyed out".  I can't seem to activate this function and was wondering if there's anything special I need to set in order to be able to use this function.  Could it be the possibility that I'm currently using the Special Edition license and need to upgrade to Standard or Pro?  and if that's the case, then which version do I need?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

To activation SetStopMode function it is necessary to enable STOP instruction. The "Clock settings - Low Power Mode settings - STOP instruction enabled" property should be set to "yes" value in CPU Inspector window - Properties page.

Regards, Processor Expert Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jerry
Contributor I
That's exactly what I was looking for.   Thanks!

:smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

To activation SetStopMode function it is necessary to enable STOP instruction. The "Clock settings - Low Power Mode settings - STOP instruction enabled" property should be set to "yes" value in CPU Inspector window - Properties page.

Regards, Processor Expert Support

0 Kudos
Jerry
Contributor I
Thanks for the reply roco, however, I actually have the 908QY4 chip and I'm using the SofTec InDart board for programming purposes.  This is the reason why I chose the chip at the beginning of Processor Expert in Codewarrior.  I realize that there is only 1 type of Stop mode in the QY4, however I can't seem to set any parameters that would allow me to use the "SetStopMode" function.  That's what made me wonder if it was the version of software I was using.  Changing the chipset in software may solve my problems with setting Stop mode, however, as I am limited to using this particular chip, does not quite solve my problem either.  Do you have any other suggestions for this particular chip?

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
0 Kudos
rocco
Senior Contributor II
Hi, Jerry:

The problem is that the MC68HC908QY4 only has a single stop-mode.

All of the HC08 family processors have one stop mode, but with many variations, depending on how configure the peripherals. On the other hand, the HCS08 family has three stop modes. If you choose an HCS08 chip in CW, the stop-mode option should un-grey.
0 Kudos