cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC56F8037 in-circuit debug interfaces problems

AlanPas
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm starting developing fw for MC56F8037 DSC, I downloaded CW 8.3SE and as a programming/debugging interface I can choose from Codewarrior USB TAP and PEmicro USB Universal Multilink, but none of them works.

When I try to enter debug mode with USB TAP (that seems to be correctly configured in Debugger Settings panel), I've got error message : "CCS: Library not found".

With the Universal Multilink, I can't select it from CW 8.3 available interfaces.

What should I do?

What Development tool and what interface do you suggest me to use?

Thank you

Alan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Law
Contributor I

Hiya,

I have been developing on the MC56F8037 EVM using the USB TAP successfully. On Windows XP, mind you.

One thing I have found is when I create a new project, there is a button next to the build selector (right name??) i.e. where I can select SDM_pFlash / SDM_Simulator / Build all. When I mouse over it, it appears as "SDM_pFlash Settings".

Anyway, If I click that, in the Debugger\Remote Debugging selection, I have to select 56800E Local USBTAP Connection before I have any luck. If you select that, and click Edit Connection, just make sure the Connection Type is set to "USB TAP Connection." I didnt have to change any settings.

Failing that, check under edit\ Preferences - Debugger\Remote Connections that the USB TAP appears in there.

Good Luck!

Laurence

0 Kudos