Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to capture 8 channels Pdm mic data

Jump to solution
bobhi009
Contributor I

Hello;

I saw someone use the  MIXMRT1061DVL6B to capture 8 channels pdm data , but The MIXMRT1061DVL6B have no PDM interface  , how to capture 8 channels PDM mic data ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It's not recommend to add 8 DMIC to RT1060. Because RT1060 hasn't so many SAI. And convert PDM to SAI need lots of CPU bandwidth. 8 DMIC is really too much.

RT1060 SDK hasn't AVB demo. You can download RT1170 SDK. There is AVB demo in it. You can also try to search 'genAVB'. You will find related documents and packages.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @bobhi009 ,

RT1060 hasn't PDM interface. It can't receive PDM format data by hardware directly. But SAI and PDM has similar waveform. SAI interface can sample PDM data. Then we can convert PDM to PCM by software. You can download SLN-ALEXA-IOT package from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select. There is a slnalexaiot_bare_afe demo. It shows how to convert 3 PDM channels to PCM.

Regards,

Jing

bobhi009
Contributor I

Thank you, I will download it and study . Also, can you give me some suggestions on how to use AVB?

I want to connect 5 devices in series and synchronize their audio input and output through the network port,  Like the picture show. 

bobhi009_0-1628767672856.png

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It's not recommend to add 8 DMIC to RT1060. Because RT1060 hasn't so many SAI. And convert PDM to SAI need lots of CPU bandwidth. 8 DMIC is really too much.

RT1060 SDK hasn't AVB demo. You can download RT1170 SDK. There is AVB demo in it. You can also try to search 'genAVB'. You will find related documents and packages.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos