cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB open failed after modify bulk out packet size

Jump to solution
shizj
Contributor III

I'm using rt1052 dev_cdc_vcom_freertos demo and trying to modify HS_CDC_VCOM_BULK_OUT_PACKET_SIZE from 512 to 1024.

after modification the vcom can‘t be opened with error "Insufficient system resources. Unable to complete api".

捕获.PNG

I also find this post, it seems should to be work fine.

What else am I missing?

SDK version: SDK_2_14_0_EVKB-IMXRT1050

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
shizj
Contributor III

could you please try modifying with another value lower than 1024?

It works fine only with the value lower than 512.

Finally, if possible, could you please test the IMXRT1050EVK or IMXRT1060EVK in another computer?

I test in another desktop, It seams the device can't be connected to USB 3.2 port. It works fine with USB 2.0 port.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @shizj,

We have tested on our side without problems with an IMXRT1050-EVKB. Could you please do a mass erase to your board before testing the example with #define HS_CDC_VCOM_BULK_OUT_PACKET_SIZE (1024U)?

Also, have you modified something else besides the HS_CDC_VCOM_BULK_OUT_PACKET? If so, could you please tell us what changes have you made to the example?

Kind regards, Raul.

0 Kudos
shizj
Contributor III

Could you please do a mass erase to your board before testing the example with #define HS_CDC_VCOM_BULK_OUT_PACKET_SIZE (1024U)?

I use the "dev_cdc_vcom_freertos debug" target to test which flash is not needed.

have you modified something else besides the HS_CDC_VCOM_BULK_OUT_PACKET?

it's the only thing I modified after exporting the demo

I try to reinstall vcp driver also not work.

PS: I have an IMXRT1060-EVK on hand testing with rt1060's demo and still get the same result.

0 Kudos
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @shizj,

Could you please tell us your EVK's jumper and boot configuration?

Also, could you please try modifying with another value lower than 1024?

Finally, if possible, could you please test the IMXRT1050EVK or IMXRT1060EVK in another computer?

Kind regards, Raul.

0 Kudos
shizj
Contributor III

could you please try modifying with another value lower than 1024?

It works fine only with the value lower than 512.

I test in another desktop, It seams the device can't be connected to USB 3.2 port. It works fine with USB 2.0 port.

0 Kudos
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @shizj,

Like you did while connecting to another computer, you can try connecting it to primary USB 2.0 ports.

The front USB ports could struggle to provide enough power for your device and don’t have priority, which can cause the device functions improperly. For this situation, you might use a USB 2.0 port.

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos
shizj
Contributor III

Hi, RaRo,

It's OK as I said before. So is it designed to not USB 3.0 compatible?

I will mark it as solved.

thanks!

0 Kudos