Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorter Storage temperature range of i.MXRT1175/76 Automotive Grade

Jump to solution
venkat7
Contributor I

Hi,

We are planning to use i.MXRT1175 Automotive grade uP. In the datasheet mentioned that operating temperature range is -40 to 125 Deg C and Storage (non-operating) temperature is -40 to 150 Deg C.

In general for any component storage temperature limit will be wider than operating limit. But i.MXRT1175 Automotive grade uP has same limit of -40 Deg C in both operating and non-operating(storage) temperature on negative side.

1. I am wondering is datasheet correct? I have gone through other uC/uP from Texas Instruments, STM make they have mentioned storage temperature(-55/-60 Deg C) is wider than operating temperature(-40 Deg C). Then why NXP product has shorter storage temperature..?

2. Our end product specification says that product storage temperature range is -55 to 77 Deg C. But  i.MXRT1175 data sheet says only -40 Deg C. Can i go head with i.MXRT1175?

3. Is there any data available for testing at -55 Deg C in non-operating(storage) condition?

Thanks in advance,

K.Venkatarao.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi K. Venkatarao,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

I have confirmed the operating and storage temperature on negative side and the information in the datasheet is correct, for both it is -40°C.

On the other hand, unfortunately, we do not have data at -55°C, so we cannot guarantee functional operation with ratings that are out of spec. And just to clarify, stress out of spec may cause permanent damage to the device.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And please let me know if you have more questions about it.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi K. Venkatarao,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

I have confirmed the operating and storage temperature on negative side and the information in the datasheet is correct, for both it is -40°C.

On the other hand, unfortunately, we do not have data at -55°C, so we cannot guarantee functional operation with ratings that are out of spec. And just to clarify, stress out of spec may cause permanent damage to the device.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And please let me know if you have more questions about it.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos