Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production programming of MIMXRT1052 using Segger JLINK Programmer

Jump to solution
FillmoreSys
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to program the MIMXRT1052 using  a jlink programmer , the downloaded file is stored and executed from an external QSPI Flash.

I can succesfully download the bootloader and application to the external memory, but not all devices boot and run the code.

If I program the device once from the mfrcfg  tool then the device will then boot and run, when I download any new images, so I suspect that the manufacturing tool performs some extra steps that I am not doing.

Can someone tell me the extra steps to program the boot on the device, I suspect that it is related to the two commands in the log file

fill-memory 0x2000 4 0xc0000006 

( which I assume is a 32 bit write to location 0x2000  with the value 0xc0000006)

and

configure-memory 0x9 0x2000    which I do not know what is does.

If anyone could express these two commands in terms of memory writes, it would be extremely helpful

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @FillmoreSys ,

The flexspi_nor_polling demo can do it.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @FillmoreSys ,

The first command is to write a option0 word to RAM. Please refer to sector 9.13.2 in RM.

The second command is to have ROM bootloader to read this word and configure flash. After this step, flash is ready and even QE is programmed.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
FillmoreSys
Contributor I

Hi Jing,

Okay that explains what those two commands do, thanks.

Can you explain the sequence of commands that I would need to send from the JLINK,

to perform this?

I assume the object is to set the QE Bit, is this not possible with a direct write to a memory location ?

Thanks again

David

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @FillmoreSys ,

Bootloader communicate with host by USB or UART. I don't know how to use jlink to control bootloader. If you want to use jlink to program, you have to download a special application to RAM which can program QE bit.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
FillmoreSys
Contributor I

Thanks again this makes sense.

is there an example application to do this available, in any application note / GitHub folder etc.

if you could point me in the right direction to look I would be grateful.

Regards

David

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @FillmoreSys ,

The flexspi_nor_polling demo can do it.

Regards,

Jing

FillmoreSys
Contributor I