Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't run code from RAM on i.MX RT1064 evalboard

Jump to solution
h_bouchard
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to link my application to RAM and flash it to the FlexSPI flash so that when my application boots, the internal ROM bootloader copies the application from flash to RAM and jump to it. I'm using MCU NXP Boot Utility v3.3.1. It is an unsigned application for now.

I started with the led blinky example from which I have modified the linker settings by checking the "Plain load image" option and selecting SRAM_ITC. I've also changed the start of SRAM_ITC to 0x3000 and its length to 0x1D000 as indicated in the readme.md here (https://github.com/JayHeng/NXP-MCUBootUtility). Finally, I've set the XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE preprocessor option to 0.

h_bouchard_2-1629275885983.png

h_bouchard_0-1629275725624.png

h_bouchard_1-1629275786694.png

I am able to connect to the board and when I click the "Generate Unsigned Bootloader Image" button, everything seems to work (no error message). Again, when I click on the "Load Unsigned Image" button, I get no error message. However, when I select "Internal flash" boot option with the dip switches (SW5-SW7) and I reboot the board, the application doesn't start. When I look at the bootable image (by clicking the "View Bootable Image" button), the IVT and Boot Data section are all 0xFF.

If I set the XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE preprocessor option to 1, I'm not able to generate the unsigned bootloader image. I get "Cannot recognise/convert the format of image file" error.

I've attached the project to this post.

Thanks for your help,
Hugo

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd like to suggest you use the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool instead of the MCUBootUtility tool, as it may be not stable sometimes.

In further, your setting is not completely correct, so please refer to the attachment to generate an image for non-XIP
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I'd like to suggest you use the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning Tool instead of the MCUBootUtility tool, as it may be not stable sometimes.

In further, your setting is not completely correct, so please refer to the attachment to generate an image for non-XIP
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos