imxrt flashing issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imxrt flashing issue

ancymuhammed
Contributor III

We are using MIMXRT1176AVM. We had assembled 22 boards. All boards are initially working. But in some of the boards flashing error is observing now. We are using MCUExpresso and programming via SWD using LPC Link2. Boot device is NOR flash connected via FlexSPI. In twp boards the error shown is Wire ACK fault, could not connect to core, no connection to chips debug port. Mass erase option and write using serial downloaded mode is working fine in one of the error board, but it shows error in other board. What may be the possible reason for this

0 Kudos
7 Replies

ndasrm
Contributor I

Hello,

I am having the same issue. All the boards were working fine but now i have 3 boards which i cannot run from flash anymore. I can run the code from RAM and it works but the flash is not working any more. I changed the

flash and still the same issue.

This is my boot configuration and it looks good.

ndasrm_0-1721296884659.png

This is the error message i am getting when i do erase or mass erase.

ndasrm_1-1721296884591.png

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Frankly, I'm a bit confused, so I'd like to know the ratio of boards that encounter the problem, next, I was wondering if you can introduce what you did with these boards before the issue rise.
Lastly, whether you try to replace the RT MCU or flash chip to recover the board.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your reply, I guess the issue is related to the hardware, you'd better check it at first.
Regarding Wire ACK fault, actually, it would sometime happen when using LPC-link2 that contains the CMSIS-DAP firmware, you can try the below steps to recover.
1) Set the boot mode to Serial Downloader.
2) Power on the board, and debug the demo project.
3) After that, power off and recover the previous boot set, then power on again.
4) Give a debug again.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ancymuhammed
Contributor III

In the board in which mass erase does not works we cannot download the code using serial downloader. The error shows during erase is Failed to mass erase boot device error code is 20106. In other board serial downloader & mass erase is fine working. But in two boards could not connect to core error shows while programming via SWD

0 Kudos

ancymuhammed
Contributor III

Serial downloader it is possible to download the code in one of the board. Mass erase is also works fine using MCU utility tool. 

For the other board serial downloader is not possible.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I was wondering if you can share the error log when using the MCU utility tool contact the 'error' board.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

ancymuhammed
Contributor III

The error shows during erase is Failed to mass erase boot device error code is 20106. 

0 Kudos