cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1170-EVK How to setup MIPI Dsiplay in Video mode

PIHL
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working on a custom project with MIMXRT1170-EVK. I would like to drive a MIPI LCD screen that supports only Video mode but I can not get the setup right.

I tried code from csi_mipi_rgb_cm7 project example. But I am not sure if it is a Video mode of MIPI. Do you know where in the code I should search for a property that is responsible for mode configuration of LCD Display MIPI.

Regards,
Piotr

4 Replies

jreb
Contributor II

Hello Piotr,

your post was a while ago, but did you get your LCD screen working?
I think the difficulty is to transmitting DCS commands via video mode

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Piotr,

The MIPI DSI does support both command and video modes, as mentioned briefly in the i.MXRT1170 Reference Manual. The MIPI_DSI_Compliant_Test examples run in Video Mode.

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

PIHL
Contributor II

Thanks,

how about csi_mipi_rgb_cm7 example code?

What property in setup is responsible for switching between video and command mode?

Regard,

Piotr

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Piotr,

I might be misunderstanding your use case, but the i.MXRT1170 has a CSI input for video devices. The csi_mipi_rgb_cm7 project example then uses this port for a camera interface

If you will be using a display, you have on the i.MXRT1170 a MIPI DSI interface and a Parallel LCD interface. The MIPI DSI examples run in video mode and the driver does have a setting for the video/command mode.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos