cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX RT1176 - Connecting Octal Flash to FLEXSPI_1 and Octal RAM to FLEXSPI_2

Jump to solution
gdoraisa
Contributor I

I am new to iMX family and we have a design done already. However, recently due RAM size, we decided to use externally one OctalRAM and one OctalFlash. There are two FLEXSPI - FLEXSPI_1 and FLEXSPI_2. Both looks like can support 8 bit data access. The reference manual HW UG lists in the table NOR/NAND on both FLEXSPIs, nothing about Octal RAM. However, I am not quite sure how the connection is after listing the pins like for CS. 

Is there truly two independent FLEX_SPIs here?

Maybe others have done similar design and can point to me on how the connection from Octal Flash to FlexSPI_1 and Octal RAM to FlexSPI_2 done.

The evaluation board refrence shows one replacing the other, not both on the board to learn from.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gdoraisa ,

Yes, RT1176 has two independent FLEXSPI. You can connect Octal Flash to FlexSPI1 and Octal RAM to FlexSPI2. You can refer to RT500 EVK about how to connect to a octal PSRAM.

Regards,

Jing 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alex-APMemory
Contributor I

Please have a look to the main files attached, we have use it with RT1170 EVK and APS12808L (which is same but 128Mb density)

hope this help

Alex

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gdoraisa ,

Yes, RT1176 has two independent FLEXSPI. You can connect Octal Flash to FlexSPI1 and Octal RAM to FlexSPI2. You can refer to RT500 EVK about how to connect to a octal PSRAM.

Regards,

Jing 

0 Kudos
Alex-APMemory
Contributor I

fyi, we have tested all PSRAM interface: OPI, QSPI DDR and QSPI SDR PSRAM on NXP RT1170-EVK, all running at full spec (166MHz for Octal RAM). Tested devices were 128Mb density APS12808O-OBR-WB, APS12804O-DQ-WA, & APS12804O-SQRH-WA, <2x2mm WLCSP, as well as 64Mb OPI BGA24 (APS6408L-OBM-BA). All density from 16Mb up to 512Mb, BGA24/USON8/SOP8/WLCSP are supportable.

Thanks, Alex

0 Kudos
drewkarnes
Contributor I

Do you have a code example for the APS6408L testing?

0 Kudos