Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing and running hello_world app

Jump to solution
arunkumar_g
Contributor IV

Hello All,

I'm trying to run rtos hello world demo app (1180evk\boards\evkmimxrt1180\rtos_examples\freertos_hello\cm33\armgcc) from sdk in 1189EVK.

These are the steps I did

1) build firmware using build_flexspi_nor_debug.bat

2) Set EVK SW5 to 0001 and flash using the below file. FILE_BIN is "hello_world_demo_cm33.bin"

BLHOST_TOOL = blhost
BLHOST_OPTIONS = -t 50000
FLASHLOADER_BIN = flashloader_cm33.bin

COMPAR = -u
BLHOST_CONNECT_ROM = 0x1fc9,0x014c
BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR = 0x15A2,0x0073

${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_ROM} -- get-property 1

${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_ROM} -- load-image ${FLASHLOADER_BIN}

sleep 2

#Ping RT1180
${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR} -- get-property 1

#Configure nor flash
${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR} -- fill-memory 0x20000000 4 ${INSTANCE_CHOISE}

${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR} -- configure-memory 9 0x20000000

${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR} -- fill-memory 0x20000000 4 ${NOR_CONFIG}

${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR} -- configure-memory 9 0x20000000

#Erase flash
${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR} -- flash-erase-region ${FLASH_ADDR} ${FIRMWARE_SIZE}

${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR} -- read-memory ${FLASH_ADDR} 16

#Write Image
${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR} -- write-memory ${WRITE_ADDR} ${FILE_BIN}
#Read Image
${BLHOST_TOOL} ${BLHOST_OPTIONS} ${COMPAR} ${BLHOST_CONNECT_FLDR} -- read-memory ${WRITE_ADDR} 0x400

3) Switch EVK boot switch to 0010 (nor flash boot).

But i'm not seeing any prints when connected to debug usb port. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
arunkumar_g
Contributor IV

I found that I missed the AHAB creation step usingg nxpimage ahab export and that made it correct.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
arunkumar_g
Contributor IV

I found that I missed the AHAB creation step usingg nxpimage ahab export and that made it correct.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @arunkumar_g ,

Please tell me your MIMXRT1180-EVK board version and your used SDK version.

Then, I will find one RT1180-EVK to test it on my side, thanks.

As the RT1180 is still in the preproduct phase, I still lack the board.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
arunkumar_g
Contributor IV

Hello Kerry,

The SDK i'm using is SDK_2_13_1_MIMXRT1180-EVK RFP1_1 and EVK is X-MIMXRT1180-EVK (I have two - with RT1187 and RT1189).

Could you please confirm the steps I did are correct? or did I miss something? (I created these steps looking at bat files from spsdk examples from NXP).

Thanks

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @arunkumar_g ,

Thanks so much for your updated information.

I already help you to check it internally, as the RT1180 is the NPI product, and from the policy, we can't support the NPI product directly. We mainly provide service to the released product.

So, I will help you contact your local NXP FAE, they will provide help to you.

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Any issues, just let your local FAE know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos
JDFAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@arunkumar_g 

I'm the FAE that covers Cognex. I will contact you directly. -JD

0 Kudos
arunkumar_g
Contributor IV
@JDFAE could you please send me your email id?
0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks @JDFAE 's help.

@arunkumar_g  any issues, you can contact @JDFAE through your email, as this is the NPI chip, thanks.

After the chip is published, you can create the community post here again.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos