您的意思是: 
已解决

cannot program flash with pull-high auto probe

跳至解决方案
1,709 次查看
MCW
Contributor III

Hi all,

This is the further problem from this question .

I have a problem about porgamming the code by SEGGER J-flash to the customize board which has auto probe. 

Firstly, the code was programmed into the flash by flash programmer, and the boot_cfg[0](auto probe) was pull-high.

As expected, the code run correctly after boot.

However, I cannot use SEGGER J-flash to program the flash when boot_cfg[0](auto probe) was pull-high. From the information of SEGGER J-flash utility, the target was connected, but it couldn't download file. Next step, we made boot_cfg[0](auto probe) pull-down. And then we can program the code successfully and the code run.

The other experiment was programming the code by daplink to the customize board which had auto probe. It was also successful to program the code to the flash.

Therefore, I am curious the reason why I cannot use SEGGER J-flash to program my code when boot_cfg[0](auto probe) is high?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Doris

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
1,438 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MCW ,

I have finished the MIMXR1060-EVK with MXIC 25L12833F, the JFlash downloading also works.

I attach my image and picture, I just use the JLINK driver default flashloader.

My test segger driveris V7,88d.

kerryzhou_0-1698825420469.png

You also can test it on your side, and compare with your customer board.

Best Regards,

Kerry

在原帖中查看解决方案

9 回复数
1,411 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MCW ,

You mark the correct answer, so, what's your side result?

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 项奖励
回复
1,439 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MCW ,

I have finished the MIMXR1060-EVK with MXIC 25L12833F, the JFlash downloading also works.

I attach my image and picture, I just use the JLINK driver default flashloader.

My test segger driveris V7,88d.

kerryzhou_0-1698825420469.png

You also can test it on your side, and compare with your customer board.

Best Regards,

Kerry

1,690 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MCW ,

Thanks a lot for your cooperation for the new question post.

Now, please let me know your used platform and chip at first.

Normally, the auto probe should not influence the flashing.

I think you need to check these points:

1. Do you connect the auto probe to the JLINK JTAG interface or not?

2. Which board you are using, NXP EVK? 

3. Which external flash you are using?

4. Can you reproduce the issues with the NXP EVK board? Segger JLINK or the on board JLINK firmware?  

If it is the customer board, please also share your JTAG interface connection situation.

5. Which JLINK firmware you are using? JLINK driver default flashloader?

Please help to confirm the above questions, then I can help you do the detail checking.

It's better to reproduce the issues on the NXP EVK board, if not, it may related to your custom board.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 项奖励
回复
1,658 次查看
MCW
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

1. Do you connect the auto probe to the JLINK JTAG interface or not?

Ans: No. Directly to 3.3V.  Only BOOT_CFG4, BOOT_CFG7, BOOT_CFG6, BOOT_CFG10 and BOOT_CFG11 will be set to GPIO pin use after boot.

MCW_0-1697595416417.png

2. Which board you are using, NXP EVK? 

Ans: custom board

3. Which external flash you are using?

Ans: MX25L12833F

4. Can you reproduce the issues with the NXP EVK board? Segger JLINK or the on board JLINK firmware?  

If it is the customer board, please also share your JTAG interface connection situation.

Ans: We use Segger JLINK.

MCW_1-1697523817505.png

MCW_4-1697523994607.png

We haven't put the MX25L12833F on the NXP EVK and program the code by SEGGER J-Flash.

If we do this experiment, I will share our result here.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Doris

0 项奖励
回复
1,649 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MCW ,

Please help to check, whether your FlexSPI DQS pin is float or not? If your DQS is used in the custom board, then your FlexSPI frequency will limit to 60Mhz, this is also important.

BTW, please also help to check, whether you also can reproduce the issues on the NXP EVK board or not?

If you can reproduce the issues with NXP EVK board, please let me know, then I will help to check the details.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 项奖励
回复
1,600 次查看
MCW
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

Thanks for your advice.

I checked the schematic of my custom board again.

The DQS pin is floating.

MCW_0-1698039586394.png

And I have a few questions about NXP EVK board experiment needed to comfim with you because the SEGGER J-flash utility shows the chip is not connected now.

1. I just need to connect SWD_IO, SWD_CLK, GND signal between the EVK board and J-Link SWD right?

MCW_1-1698039955121.png

2. Could I supply the power by USB 2.0 Micro-AB connector when the EVK board is connected to JTAG? Or should the power of the EVK board be supplied by external DC power jack?

Best regards,

Doris

0 项奖励
回复
1,592 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MCW ,

Thanks for your information.

To the JTAG pin, pin 1 3.3V is must, otherwise, your JTAG/SWD can't work, you can check this log:

kerryzhou_0-1698048613338.jpeg

The VTref is used for the JTAG to detect the voltage.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 项奖励
回复
1,545 次查看
MCW
Contributor III

Hi @kerryzhou ,

I will do this experiment as soon as possible.

However, I have a more critical issue about my custom board with BOOT_CFG[0] pull-high.

My board is not work with 30% of probability when I turn on and off it for ten times.

Could it related to the power squence between imxrt1061 and MX25L12833F?

Best regards,

Doris

0 项奖励
回复
1,538 次查看
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MCW ,

A little strange to the customer board.

Please use the NXP EVK board test it, whether still have 30% power on issues or not?

Any updated information, let me know immediately, thanks.

best regards,

Kerry

0 项奖励
回复