VGLITE Zephyr port for IMXRT1170

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VGLITE Zephyr port for IMXRT1170

radoslawp
Contributor III

Hi, Is there any initiative currently which would adapt VGLITE for Zephyr alongside FreeRTOS ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @radoslawp,

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to provide you with this information, perhaps you might be able to get a resolution for this inquiry by contacting Zephyr project directly.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

radoslawp
Contributor III

If anybody is interested I have ported vglite to zephyr and created all neccessary changes in zephyr to enable gpu rendering. I am now able to render the graphics and send it to display in zephyr.

0 Kudos

djgj
Contributor II
Hi @radoslawp,
We are currently using RT500 with Zephyr and LVGL and also looking into how to use 2D GPU VGLite with this setup.
Luckily i was directed here from my post on this:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Crossover-MCUs/VGlite-on-LVGL-and-zephyr/m-p/1910046

Can you kindly share this information on how to use this with Zephyr?
Do you know if this will work with RT500 also?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
djgj
0 Kudos

radoslawp
Contributor III

Hi @djgj,

I'have ported vglite to zephyr indeed although I still consider it as a WIP. I had to write a simple GC355 driver to handle its interrupts and setup clocks as well. vglite can be used as a backend to LVGL but it's not included in zephyr and I have no intentions of doing so as we won't use it on our side but you can do this part on your own. I think there should be no problem in using vglite on RT500 because vglite just uses it's registers directly. I will contact my client whether I can provide you with the changes I have made although it wasn't too complicated as only os layer needed to be adapted.

0 Kudos

radoslawp
Contributor III

@EdwinHz In general is there any more documentation regarding GC355 and VGLITE in general. I also see there is OpenVG prebuilt library for M7 core. Do you have the same library for M4 code or source code so it can be built ? Also it would be good to know the tools for generating fonts because it is mentioned in documentation "VGLite tools from VeriSilicon" but I can't find anything.

0 Kudos

radoslawp
Contributor III

Hi, @EdwinHz 

is there any possibility to get some technical reference manual for GC355 GPU present on IMXRT11XX processors ?

0 Kudos