cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDRAM Usage

Jump to solution
frozen
Contributor III

Hi I have IMX RT 1170 EVK Board. I want to learn how to use SDRAM because in our custom board we will have IS42S16400J . There are some SDK GUI projects use SDRAM. There is an sdram example how to use SDRAM with SEMC peripheral. I am confused at that point. In GUI examples (example: lvgl guider) I don't see SDRAM pins allocation and SEMC peripheral initialization but after compiling I see there are some datas in SDRAM. How does that possible ? Don't we need to configure  its parameters in SEMC peripheral initialization ?

Why do we need dcd.c file and why do we need SEMC peripheral ? Do we need both in one project ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @frozen ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

You didn't find the SDRAM init code, because all the SEMC init the SDRAM code is in the DCD.c.

DCD is used for the ROM to init the SEMC for the SDRAM directly, then after you boot, your SDRAM can be used directly, you don't need to use the app code to do the SDRAM init again, just take it as the normal RAM to use in your app, that will be more convenient.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

kerry

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @frozen ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

You didn't find the SDRAM init code, because all the SEMC init the SDRAM code is in the DCD.c.

DCD is used for the ROM to init the SEMC for the SDRAM directly, then after you boot, your SDRAM can be used directly, you don't need to use the app code to do the SDRAM init again, just take it as the normal RAM to use in your app, that will be more convenient.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

kerry