RT1060 - HDMI output solution w/ 8-bit LCD bus?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

RT1060 - HDMI output solution w/ 8-bit LCD bus?

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,459件の閲覧回数
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

So I'm creating a new RT1060-based design, and I want to provide two Ethernet ports.  We're using SDRAM, so the entire GPIO_EMC bank is unavailable.  This means that for ENET 2 I have to use GPIO_B0_12 through GPIO_B1_03 (if I don't want to overlap USDHC1 on GPIO_SD_B0_00-05).  Unfortunately, that takes away LCD_DATA[8-15] and leaves only LCD_DATA[7-0] and the four control signals, which is annoying because that appears to complicate connecting the LCDIF to an HDMI transmitter IC.

I know it's possible to get the LCDIF to drive an 8-bit bus with 24-bit pixel data; that's illustrated in Figure 35-4 in the reference manual, where it kicks out bytes B, C, and D on three separate clocks.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find an HDMI/TMDS transmitter that would accept such a bus interface.

• The Analog Devices ADV7513 seems to be a close match, but according to the programming guide it will only accept 2 clocks worth of pixel data (not 3), and it only accepts RGB data in a single-clock fashion.  (Same for the ADV7511W and its programming guide.)
  • The Texas Instruments TFP410 would also seem to be a candidate, but it accepts only a 12-bit or 24-bit input bus, no option for 8-bit.  And the 12-bit mode is DDR (latches on both rising and falling edge).
  • There's an NXP TDA19988 part out there, but there's very little info available about it; here's a Digi-Key link, and here's a forum thread link.  Unfortunately, it only appears to offer 12-bit or 24-bit bus input, not 8-bit.

Is anyone aware of a solution that will take an 8-bit TTL/CMOS input and generate an HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort output?  I realize that I could probably use any of the above chips if I just put a little FPGA between the RT1060's 8-bit LCD bus and the 24-bit HDMI transmitter input bus, and have the FPGA accept three clocks' worth of data before clocking all 24 bits out to the HDMI chip.  Just wondering if there's a single-chip solution for this.  Thanks.

David R.

タグ(3)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
1,406件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David Rodgers,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, I think the FPGA is essential to your solution.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)
1,407件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David Rodgers,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, I think the FPGA is essential to your solution.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 件の賞賛
返信
1,406件の閲覧回数
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

That's kinda what I figured; if a customer really needs SD card + two Ethernet + HDMI out, then we can spin them a board with an extra little FPGA/CPLD on it.  Thanks.

David R.

0 件の賞賛
返信