cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT105x LPI2C STOP generated when using kLPI2C_TransferNoStopFlag

Jump to solution
gavin5342
Contributor III

I want to generate a write (for a command) without STOP followed by a read with a repeated START.

When I use LPI2C_RTOS_Transfer to send a transfer with kLPI2C_TransferNoStopFlag set, I see the STOP condition is generated on the I2C bus as though kLPI2C_TransferDefaultFlag were set.

Has anyone else seen this and/or know how to fix?

A workaround would be to make the command subaddress, but I would need to ignore the NAK that the slave sends when it has received the command.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gavin5342,

I2C timings often will be affected by debug halts, which is why the LPI2C module features a debug mode, described on Section "46.3.4 Debug mode" of the Reference Manual. You could try implementing this feature for further debugging.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gavin5342
Contributor III

There seems to be a timeout that I am missing as the transactons work as I expect if I don't insert a breakpoint in between.

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gavin5342,

I2C timings often will be affected by debug halts, which is why the LPI2C module features a debug mode, described on Section "46.3.4 Debug mode" of the Reference Manual. You could try implementing this feature for further debugging.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos