HTTPS Web Server on RT1024

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS Web Server on RT1024

chhsu0229
Contributor II

We would like to run a HTTPS web sever on I.MX RT1024. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chhsu0229,

We have an example in the RT1024-EVK SDK for an HTTP Server. You will find it with the following name lwip_httpsrv_bm.

Regarding HTTPS, I’m afraid there is no example in the SDK of the RT1024-EVK.

Nevertheless, I would recommend you to take a look to the following example from the RT1060-EVK SDK lwip_httpssrv_mbedTLS_bm. You can use this example as a reference to implement your own HTTPS server in your RT1024.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos

chhsu0229
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

I saw the datasheet of RT1024 and its SDRAM is only 256KB. In our application, it is not only to run the web server but also UARTx8, Ethernet TCP/IP,.., etc. function.

In this condiction, could we use RT1024 in our application, or use more powerful MCU, like as RT1064 ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you don't want to lose the on-chip flash memory of the RT1024, the next step is RT1064 which has 1 MB of on-chip RAM and also includes 4 MB of Flash (in case you don't want to use any external memory).

I don't know how big the memory footprint of your application is, but according to your comment, your application might get affected due the memory of the device. For sure RT1064 would be a better device, but I'd strongly recommend you compare both devices and see which one is better according to your needs.

And just to let you know, RT1064 SDK does include an HTTPS web server example.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos

chhsu0229
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

I try to add the mbedtls into my code and the error message show is following,

1.JPG

I check the memory layout of my code, there is no "NCACHE_REGION" memory because I have no an external SDRAM on my board.

2.JPG

Is it neccedary to assign the "NCACHE_REGION" memory for medtls library ?

How much memory size of NCACHE_REGION do I need to assign for HTTSP web server ?

ps, there is no an external SDRAM on my project

Thanks

0 Kudos