cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger fails with FlexSPI Nor Flash instruction

Jump to solution
MatiasBognato
Contributor II

Hi all, I could not find a solution for my problem on any post so here I am.

I am working with an RT1062 trying to run the SDK example eaimxrt1062_flexspi_nor_polling_transfer.

As soon as I attempt to execute the function flexspi_nor_flash_init(...) the debugger disconnects and shows:

MatiasBognato_0-1661557596691.png

I have a feeling it has to do with some clock configuration but no clue where to go from here

The code snippet where the problem occurs:

int main(void)
{
    uint32_t i = 0;
    status_t status;
    uint8_t vendorID = 0;

BOARD_ConfigMPU();
    BOARD_InitBootPins();
    BOARD_InitBootClocks();
    BOARD_InitDebugConsole();

PRINTF("\r\nStarting...\r\n");

flexspi_nor_flash_init(EXAMPLE_FLEXSPI);

PRINTF("\r\nFLEXSPI example started!\r\n");

/* Get vendor ID. */
    status = flexspi_nor_get_vendor_id(EXAMPLE_FLEXSPI, &vendorID);
    if (status != kStatus_Success)
    {
        return status;
    }
    PRINTF("Vendor ID: 0x%x\r\n", vendorID);

Any help is much appreciated!

Matias

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MatiasBognato ,

Which RT1062  board you are testing now?

If it is the customer board, you need to check whether you are using QSPI flash.

I think you can run it in the NXP MIMXRT1060-EVK board at first, after it works Ok, then you can test your own board.

Please note, you can test the code in the internal RAM, not the download to the flash, as you still can't make sure your external flash works OK, then the flashdriver may can't match to your real flash.

kerryzhou_0-1661745471704.png

Please test it again in the RAM, and also check your RT1060 board and the related flash.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MatiasBognato
Contributor II

Thanks Kerry.

Seems that I have more than one problem here. I moved everything to RAM and I am able to get somewhat further with my test. 

I am pretty sure that now I have an incorrect memory configuration which is used during the initialization. Which is a different story.

Thanks for the help.

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MatiasBognato ,

Which RT1062  board you are testing now?

If it is the customer board, you need to check whether you are using QSPI flash.

I think you can run it in the NXP MIMXRT1060-EVK board at first, after it works Ok, then you can test your own board.

Please note, you can test the code in the internal RAM, not the download to the flash, as you still can't make sure your external flash works OK, then the flashdriver may can't match to your real flash.

kerryzhou_0-1661745471704.png

Please test it again in the RAM, and also check your RT1060 board and the related flash.

Best Regards,

Kerry