Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available HyperRAM part number for iMXRT

Jump to solution
BlackTurbo
Contributor III

Hi,

In AN12239- How to Enable HyperRAM with i.MX RT, there is a table listed the validated HyperRAM devices, I have two questions about it:

1) Do I have to select the HyperRAM according to this table? If my HyperRAM part number is not listed in this table, does it mean there is a compatibility risk with the MCU (for our project, RT1062)?

2) From the test results in the table, all HyperRAM with part number of "7KS0641" fail and the "7KS0642" pass, does it mean all the "xx0641xx" HyperRAM are not recommaned? How about "S27KL0641DABHB020"? Will it be a problem if we select this RAM?

Thanks

@Hui_Ma 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Do I have to select the HyperRAM according to this table? If my HyperRAM part number is not listed in this table, does it mean there is a compatibility risk with the MCU (for our project, RT1062)?
-- No, but we'd highly recommend to the select the Hyperflash by referring to this table.
2) From the test results in the table, all HyperRAM with part number of "7KS0641" fail and the "7KS0642" pass, does it mean all the "xx0641xx" HyperRAM are not recommaned? How about "S27KL0641DABHB020"? Will it be a problem if we select this RAM?
-- According to the table, it seems like the technology 1 (63 nm DRAM Process Technology) fails to work with the RT part series, so we don't recommend the customer to use all the "xx0641xx" HyperRAM.
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
-- No, but we'd highly recommend to the select the Hyperflash by referring to this table.
-- According to the table, it seems like the technology 1 (63 nm DRAM Process Technology) fails to work with the RT part series, so we don't recommend the customer to use all the "xx0641xx" HyperRAM.
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos