Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using hardfloat : arm-poky-linux-gnueabihf

Jump to solution
anjojohn
Contributor IV

Hi all,

i want to use the hard-float compiler arm-poky-linux-gnueabihf instead of the soft-float. how to setup the tool chain for this. So far i was able to use soft float and there isn't any examples for setting up hard-float compiler. below is my current build configuration

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.26.0"
BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-14.04"
TARGET_SYS        = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "wandboard-dual"
DISTRO            = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.8.1"
TUNE_FEATURES     = "arm armv7a vfp thumb neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"
TARGET_FPU        = "vfp-neon"

Could any one please tell me how to setup hard-float compiler, in my build directory i am only seeing arm-poky-linux-gnueabi which is the soft float compiler. Is there any specific instruction or configuration ? I am using wandboard-dual setup for testing.

Labels (4)
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjo,

what kernel are you using? Latest kernels use hard fp as default.

of you want to build an application please follow this syntax:

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc Test.c -mfloat-abi=hard -o test

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anjo,

what kernel are you using? Latest kernels use hard fp as default.

of you want to build an application please follow this syntax:

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc Test.c -mfloat-abi=hard -o test

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

anjojohn
Contributor IV

Hi Carlos,

My Linux kernel version is 3.14.28. i checked the CC flags and saw -mfloat-abi=hard flag. 

0 Kudos